A little twist on just apples. No added sugar is needed – the fruit is sweet enough!
Plenty to serve four.
Sautéed Cinnamon Apples & Pears
- 4 Fuji Apples (or any variety you like)
- 2 D'Anjou Pears (or any variety)
- Pecans (optional)
- Core and slice apples & pears
- Toss in a large bowl with lots of cinnamon
- Pour into a pan heated over medium heat - stir frequently until all pieces are warmed
- Add enough water to coat bottom of pan and continue to stir frequently (the more water added, the more "sauce" you will have)
- Remove from heat when tender
- *Optional >> Top with a few finely chopped pecans for a little crunch
- Serve immediately or okay to reheat