Enough to serve four with lots leftover!
Prep turkey the DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING: BRINE THE BIRD 🙂
Then follow recipe on Thanksgiving Day:
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- 4-6 lb Turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Fresh rosemary, thyme & sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan and spread the paste evenly all over.
- Pour the chicken stock into the bottom of the pan along with a fresh herbs.
- Roast the turkey for 1 hour then baste with warm stock and continue to baste every 15 minutes until done - cooking for another 1/2 hour to an hour, (roughly 15 mins per/pound) until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast.
- When done, cover with foil and let rest at least 15 minutes. Carve and enjoy!