New England Turkey Noodle Soup
"The kitchen is the heart of the home - even if said home is on wheels!" -KandE
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cooked turkey carcass
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Spice mix to taste: thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 oz bag egg noodles
- Boil the carcass seasoned with salt & pepper & 1 bouillon cube in a large pot of water over medium heat for about 1 hour.
- Remove the bones & set aside to cool.
- Sift liquid through a mesh strainer into a new pot to ensure all bones are removed.
- Separate all meat from the bones. Add meat to new pot.
- Add 4 remaining bouillon cubes, spice mix, onion, carrots & celery. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat. (add more water as needed)
- Add egg noodles 10 minutes before serving.