Living a healthy lifestyle means different things to different people.
There are many programs out there to help jump start your health and well-being. We opted for Arbonne’s 30 Days to Healthy Living and Beyond because of the success stories, the purity of the products and the ease of the program! A combination of healthy whole foods and Arbonne’s nutrition products is a win-win! 🙂 Healthy living at a glance.
Weight loss was not my primary focus – nor the focus of the 30 Day Plan – this was just one gauge for change. I was more concerned with how I feel, eliminating toxins and getting rid of excess fat. Here are my weekly results snapshots:
Recipes, products, supplement & nutritional info for everything we consumed can (eventually!) be reached from this page 🙂
My initial goals? I wanted shed a little weight, gain some muscle, repair my digestive tract and increase my energy level. Week one had a HUGE IMPACT on kick-starting these goals. My focus then shifted a bit to truly embracing the 30 Days to Healthy Living as a lifestyle.
I love how I feel! 🙂
WEEK ONE – How I got started.
WEEK TWO – Progress continues…
WEEKS 3-4 – The end and the new beginning…
Looks delicious, right…?! Trust me – I wasn’t not starving myself! I’m more mindful about everything I prepare for my husband and I, and eating feels like the blessing it should be!
My cravings have also shifted away from bread and salty snacks to a desire to put something healthy in my belly! If you know me, you know I had a long-standing love affair with bread, potato chips and all things related to unhealthy carbs! It sounds sort of impossible – even to myself – that I truly don’t crave those things now, but IT’S SO TRUE!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
And…I’m super excited we had our first 30 Days to Healthy Living Thanksgiving!
Here’s what we ate while on the plan and we continue to eat as we have truly adapted this into a new way of living! 🙂
- Egg White Veggie Scramble
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
- Gluten Free Oatmeal
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Grilled Chicken & Veggie Stir-fry
- Jimmy John’s Turkey Unwich (Turkey, cucumber, tomato & sprouts wrapped in lettuce leaf – no cheese or dressings)
- Lean Turkey Taco Salad
- Lean Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Sliced Turkey Lettuce Wrap
- Spicy Avocado Smoked Turkey Lettuce Wrap
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Burgers
- Green Bean & Cherry Tomato Salad (No dressing needed!)
- Hummus (I love this brand! *TIP* >> mix 2 tbsp of hot water with 1 tbsp hummus & voila! You’ve got a nice sauce top foods or salads)
- Riced Cauliflower & Sweet Potato (sometimes frozen is the way to go!)
- Sweet Breakfast Potatoes
- Sweet Potato & Apple Mash (Chopped sweet potatoes and apples tossed in cinnamon, sauteed until soft and mashed. YUM!)
- Almonds (small handful, raw, unsalted)
- Apples (Mix it up! Chop to add as a topping, slice and sprinkle with cinnamon or dip slices in apple butter)
- Fit Chews – Arbonne
- Green Pea Snaps
- Protein Bar – Arbonne (Meal replacement or snack)
- Protein Shake – Arbonne (Meal replacement or snack: I prefer vanilla with lots of berries and ice whipped up in the blender!)
- RX Nutrition Bar (2nd place to Arbonne, available locally when in a pinch!)
DRINKS & SUPPLEMENTS
- Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- Digestion Plus – Arbonne (Prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes)
- Herbal Detox Tea – Arbonne
- Energy Fizz Sticks – Arbonne (kick caffeine habit & amp up your h2O!)
- Fiber Boost – Arbonne
- Sparkling Water – LaCroix
- Water 🙂
“You cannot buy your health; you must earn it through healthy living.” -Joel Fuhrman